40 ISLAMIC PRACTICES AND DOCTRINES THAT CONTRADICT THE BIBLE
1. That men can multiply wives (Q4:3).
This is in direct opposition to God’s commandment not to multiply wives (Deut 17:17) and not to commit adultery (Ex. 20:14). The fact that some prominent men in the Bible disobeyed God’s commandment is beside the point.
2. That Allah permits men to beat their wives (Q4:34).
This violates the principle of loving our wives as commanded in Eph. 5:25. He who does not love his wife hates himself also (Eph 5:28; Mark 12:30,31).
3. That there is marriage in heaven (Q44:54).
There is no marriage in heaven according to Jesus (Matt 22:30) who came from heaven and went back to heaven (John 3:13).
4. That physical warfare is ordained for Muslims against their enemies in Islam (Q2:216, Q60:4).
In the Bible, believers are admonished to spiritual warfare against the forces of evil (Eph. 6:10-18) It is God’s commandment not to kill or even hate your neighbour (Ex 20:13) which Jesus said was as bad as murder (Matt. 5:21,22).
5. That Islam is the only religion approved by God (Q3:19).
There is no such thing as an “approved religion” in the Bible. The Bible says that it is sufficient to trust God by faith (Gen. 15:6; James 2:23) and to follow Jesus (Matt. 16:24). He who trusts and loves God will obey Him (John 13:34-35,14:15, Deut 28:1-3). Religion is a consequence of obeying God and of worshiping with other believers, not a means for obtaining God’s favor (James 1:27).
6. That the word of God is not perfect and can be abrogated for a better one (Q2:106).
God’s word is perfect and settled in heaven and cannot be changed or abrogated (Psm 19:7; 119:89; Mark 13:31).
7. That the sun sets in a pool of murky water and rises up in the morning to start his race again (Q18:86-90 ).
Modern cosmology informs us that it is the earth that rotates to cause day and night, not the sun that moves around the earth.
8. That Abraham and Ishmael built the pagan shrine the Ka’aba (Q 2:125-127).
First, there is no archaeological or historical evidence of the existence of the Ka’aba prior to the 4th century A.D. Second, the Bible records that Abraham expelled Ishmael and his mother Hagar, Sarah’s handmaid, from the family while Ishmael was still a boy. They traveled to the Wilderness of Paran, southwest of present-day Israel in the Sinai Peninsula and settled there (Gen 21:14,21). Contrary to one Islamic myth, Paran was not located in Arabia.
9. That Mecca is the city of Abraham.
This is another lie that Mohammed employed to give Islam the legitimacy of an Abrahamic religion. After Abraham migrated from Ur of the Chaldees (present-day Turkey) to Canaan (present-day Israel and Palestine), he lived, died, and was buried there by his children (Gen 25:9). While Abraham did travel to Egypt in his younger days (Gen. 12), long before Ishmael was born, there is no biblical or historical evidence that he ever traveled to Arabia.
10. That every nation has a qibla (direction of prayer toward the Ka’aba) (Q2:148).
Why force other nations to adopt the practice of the qibla (Q2:150)? Why pray toward a specific location on earth? “The Most High does not dwell in temples made with hands” (Acts 7:48). Is not praying toward a man-made structure a pagan practice?
11. That pilgrimage to Ka’aba the pagan shrine is a duty owed to Allah by all Muslims (Q3:97; Q22:27).
The Bible, of course, contains no such command to men. This is a direct contradiction to God’s commandments against idolatry (Ex. 20:3-5).
12. That prostration towards the pagan shrine Ka’aba is the proper way of worship (Q48:29).
This is idolatry (Ex 20:3-5).
13. That stars are missiles to drive away demons from listening to the heavenly council (Q67:5,37:6-8).
This is mythology. Science tells us that there are billions of stars in the heavens, some exceedingly greater than our sun. The Bible says the stars are to lighten the night, and they cannot even be numbered for their multitude (Gen 1:14-15; 15:5; Deut 1:10).
14. That Muhammadans should not make friends with Christians and Jews (Q5:51) and fight to kill all who reject Muhammaad (Q9:29, 5:33).
In contrast, the Bible commands the follower of God to love even those who hate us (Matt 5) and to bring the good news (the gospel) of God to the whole world (Matt. 28:19,29; Acts 1:8).
15. That a father-in-law (specifically, Muhammad) can marry the wife of his adopted son after that son divorces her (Q33:37).
Additionally, that an adopted son is not to be considered a true son in order to avoid the taint of incest (Q33:4-5). The Bible (and Jesus) declares that adultery, fornication, and divorce are wrong (Ex 20:14; Matt. 5:32; 19:9).
16. That a man can have a temporary marriage (Q24:33).
According to the Bible, this is unequivocally prostitution and fornication, all in the category of adultery (Ex 20:14; 1 Cor 7:2).
17. That Jesus is not the Son of God, but only the human son of Mary (Q5:17).
The Bible declares that Jesus is the Son of God sent for the salvation of the world (John 3:16-18; 5:20-25; Hebrew 1:1-8).
18. That Jesus did not die nor rise from the dead (Q4:157).
This is categorically false in the Bible, which contains explicit testimony of observers of the death and resurrection of Jesus, in accordance with the OT prophecies as well as Jesus’ own predictions. Isaiah 53, Daniel 27, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John all carried these prophecies and predictions, as well as their fulfillment (1 Cor 15:3-8).
19. That Mohammed was prophesied by name in the Bible (Q7:147; Q61:6).
Nowhere in the Bible does a prophet come from a gentile nation apart from coming into the Church through the grace of Christ in the New Testament (Gal 3:26-29). All attempts to “find” Muhammad in the Bible require taking texts out of context or redefining words in ways that they were not intended.
20. That true monotheism includes Mohammed as the Messenger and the five pagan rituals of Islam (all Ka’aba-based) (Bukhari V1B2N50).
This is an adulterated form of monotheism, as God does not compromise His oneness with human messengers nor share His glory with idols and their rituals. Both are a form of shirk by Islam’s own definition. Despite Islam’s claim, the God of the Bible is one (Deut 6:4; Mark 12:29).
21. That Muslims should continue to fight Christians and Jews until they are subdued and humiliated and pay the protection tax lest they be put to death (Q9:29).
This is evil. This is a form of compulsion in religion despite the words of Q2:256. The Bible says salvation is free for whosoever will receive (John 3:16; Rev 22:17).
22. That demons can be converted and become Muslims.
This implies that demons have hope of redemption if redemption exists in Islam (Q72:1-2,14). The Bible knows nothing of Jinn which is a pagan concept. All demons, the fallen angels under Satan, have been reserved for damnation. Their doom is sealed (Jude 6).
23. That God can swear by his creation (Q74:32; 75:1).
This is a failure in logic. The true God does not and cannot swear by anything other than Himself, because nothing is greater, and everything else is His creation, therefore less than Himself (Hebrew 6:13; Gen. 22:16).
24. That wives are men’s tilth (property to be plowed) to till any way they please (Q2:223).
This is demeaning to women who are not the property of men. God says we should love our wives as ourselves and honour them as weaker vessels (Eph 5:25; 1Pet 3:7).
25. That the fate of everyone has already been predetermined by God; fatalism (Bukhari V4B54N430; Q48:14).
This is an erroneous doctrine. God created man with free will so that he might choose his destiny. Your decision, whether to accept or reject the gift of God, determines your destiny (John 3:16; Rom 6:23; 10:13).
26. That God hates those who ask too many questions because it can lead to unbelief (Q5:101,102).
This is illogical, as only falsehood needs to fear examination. The Bible says we should prove (test) all things (1 Thess. 5:21; 1 John 4:1-3). How can we prove all things without asking questions and how can God hate us for asking questions? The Bible says to ask (Matt 7:7).
27. That God cannot forgive idol-worshippers or those who associate others with Himself (shirk) (Q4:48).
This is a big lie, an excuse by Mohammed to give himself the legitimacy to kill and terrorize non-believers. All sins are forgivable by the real God if you sincerely repent & seek God.
28. That Christians and Jews are infidels (Q5:17,72).
This was a lie designed to discredit the Jews and the Christians to gain access to their properties. The Jews are God’s chosen race through whom he has blessed and brought salvation to the world through Christ (John 4:22). Followers of Christ are called “God’s own special people” (1Pet 2:9).
29. That Mohammed’s character, acts, and deeds are the role model for everyone to follow (Q33:21).
This is evil. How can an imperfect sinful person like Mohammed be a role model to mankind? That men should be terrorists? assassins? adulterers? pedophiles? oath-breakers? How can we trust a man that can lie as our model (Num 23:19)? Only Jesus can be our perfect example because he alone was sinless (1 Pet 2:21 Hebrew 12:2).
30. That a devil is attached to everyone including Mohammed (Sahih Muslim: C14B39N6757-6759).
This was Muhammad’s way of denying responsibility for the sinfulness of all men, and it also contradicts God’s promise of the guardian angels that guide and minister to God’s people (Heb 1:13-14).
31. That Jesus spoke in the cradle (Q3:46).
This is a 2nd-century Gnostic apocryphal fable from Egypt. There is no record in the Bible that Jesus spoke as a baby, though we do know that he surprised doctors and leaders of the Jews at the age of 12 with His knowledge of Mosaic Law (Luke 2:46-47). The gospels record His miracles, signs, and wonders which followed his preaching when He began His ministry at the age of 30 (Luke 3:23).
32. That the earth is spread like carpet and held in place by the mountains as stakes (Q15:19; Q78:6-7).
This is an obvious error. The Bible describes the earth as a circle (a globe) (Isaiah 40:22), hung on nothing in space (Job 26:7).
33. That no prophet, including all the Jewish prophets, is immune from satanic revelation (Q22:52).
On the contrary, the Bible says this is a disqualification for a true prophet of God, punishable by death (Deut 18:20)!
34. That Abraham was accepted by God because he was a monotheist (Q3:67).
Islam teaches that monotheism is the foundation of faith and that upon that truth, one must live a life of “good works” (as defined by Islamic practices) in hope of meriting Allah’s acceptance. This is contrary to the Bible in two respects: A. Abraham was accepted by God because he believed and trusted God, not simply because he was a monotheist (Gen. 15:6). In fact, James 2:24 says that believing in only one God is not sufficient. B. Abraham’s obedience was acceptable to God because he trusted God, not because he was seeking to earn God’s favor, which he already had (Rom. 4:1-4; Gal. 3:5-9).
35. That there will be more women in hell than men because of ungratefulness toward their husbands, ignorance, and lack of common sense (Sahih Muslim B1N142).
This statement was made by someone who had never been to heaven nor who knew what will happen to himself (Q46:9). How, then, could he know who would be in heaven? Only on the last day will we know for certain who will be in heaven or hell (Matt 25:31-46), with the exception that each may know his own destiny in advance (John 5:24; 1 John 5:13).
36. That Mary the Mother of Jesus was the daughter of Imran the sister of Aaron (Q66:12; Q19:28).
Mohammed confused Mary the mother of Jesus with Miriam the sister of Aaron and Moses, partly because in Arabic both are named Maryam (Ex 15:20; Num. 26:59).
37. That Allah deceived the Jews and Jesus’ disciples to make it appear that Jesus was killed on the cross when he really wasn’t, while Allah took him to heaven instead (Q4:157-158).
One of the strongest arguments against this is one that Muslims often use against Christians for a different reason, that “God is not a man, that He should lie” God is not a deceiver (Numbers 23:19).
38. That it is not good for believers to pray for the forgiveness of unbelievers (Q9:113).
In contrast, Jesus taught that we are to love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us (Matt 5:44). Jesus himself prayed for the forgiveness of his enemies (Luke 23:34). He also prayed that those who did not know Himself and His Father should come to that knowledge (John 17:5)
39. That a child’s resemblance to his parent is dependent upon who reaches orgasm first during the sexual intercourse that leads to the child’s conception (Bukhari: V4B55N546).
This is a myth. Today we know that a child’s characteristics are determined by his DNA which is obtained from both parents. Intercourse itself plays no part in the results. The Bible says children are a heritage from God (Psalm 127:3).
40. That Muslims who die while attempting to compel unbelievers to accept Islam are guaranteed entrance to Paradise (Q9:111; Q4:74).
There is no reasonable basis for this as it contradicts Islam’s premise that there is no compulsion in religion, as well as its precept against murder. The Bible does not permit killing except in war, accident, or self-defense (Ex. 20:16). It also does not advocate any form of force or compulsion while inviting others to enjoy the benefits of salvation. Every man is free to choose his own path even if it leads to his own destruction (Matt. 7:13,14).
[Source: Answering Islam – Jesus is God]